Plans for the new library are now complete with the support of the Advisory Neighborhood Commission, the Commission of Fine Arts and the Historic Preservation Review Board, which have all offered their approvals for the beautiful new building. In response to community feedback, the design team has added a large meeting room in the lower level.
Some of the features of the new building include:
- Warm, wood finishes with plenty of natural light.
- A large, dividable first floor meeting/assembly space to accommodate 205 people. When divided, each space will accommodate 100 people. This combined space represents the largest meeting room of any of our neighborhood branch libraries.
- A dividable meeting room on the lower level that can accommodate up to 105 people. When divided, each space will accommodate about 45 people.
- A 400 square foot second-floor conference room that can seat 10-12 people.
- Four private study rooms for up to 4 people each.
- An outdoor reading garden that can be enjoyed by all customers.
- Two second flood balconies where customers can enjoy reading al fresco.
- Many environmentally friendly features — the Library will seek LEED Gold Certification.
The new library will be a spectacular and iconic addition to the Cleveland Park and Woodley Park neighborhoods.